Thursday, February 18, 2010

Arsenal v Bolton January 20, 2010


We were able to get tickets to Emirates on one of those rare occasions that tickets go on sale to the general public and aren’t snapped up by all the members. We saw a Arsenal v Bolton game. I had been told our tickets were near the back... fair enough... so we found the right entrance and started trundling up the stair to our seats... turns out “near the back” means second row from the back!... It felt like a long way up but I was doing ok... until I turned around to sit down! Knees went wobbly... thought I was going to fall! Took me about 15 minutes to settle as all the visions of me falling down the stairs / stand collapsing all went through my mind! Then was able to enjoy the atmosphere! The crowd never lets up.... and this was a game against a lowly ranked side! Was a closer match than expected with Bolton going up 2-0... but right result in the end with Arsenal winning the match 4-2. The fans are amazing – can’t believe the enthusiasm and commitment they have for their teams!

Getting out of the stadium was actually a better experience than I was expecting too! Everyone cleared out pretty quick and headed for the tube where barriers had been put up to control the crowd - pretty well organised I thought. A lot of the houses along the way had little stalls set up selling arsenal supporter gear.. food... was such a good atmosphere even out of the stadium

Was a great experience seeing our first ever Premier League game and something I would recommend to everyone, even those not particular interested in football/soccer (as is case with me!)

No comments: