Sunday, September 14, 2008

Day 2 - Sept 12







Spent today walking around central Bangkok. It's so easy to get around... the Skytrain is just up the road, plenty of taxis and Tuk Tuks.. but we stuck to the Skytrain today.
Thank goodness for airline baggage limits (and that we were already at our limits).. could have spent a bit of money here... I wouldn't say you get massive savings to Sydney, especially for the decent quality stuff, but it is a little cheaper, and there's just lots of it! Matt was at home at the computer "stuff" market... huge!
Have had fun just working things out here... like we had lunch in a food court, where you have to buy coupons which you used instead of money at the various outlets... pretty cool... lunch for 2 for about $3! (Yes, including beer)


Headed back to the hotel for a snooze (my feet were killing me... not used to so much walking)... before heading out to Patpong. Had a look through the markets (and here's my bargaining tip... Actually have no money with you when you're looking... you can honestly say you don't have any money and start walking away and it's amazing how cheap things got!.. I ended up getting 2 pewter wine glasses with elephants engraved on them for about $20 each.. now don't anyone tell me I could have done better... cause I was happy with that)
Had dinner here in Patpong... it was pretty shite but kinda fun watching the "interesting" crowd

No comments: